How to Access WRTA ADA Complementary Paratransit Service
Call 508.752.9283 or 1.877.743.3852 to schedule your ride.
- When calling to schedule a ride, tell the call taker:
- You would like to schedule an ADA trip. (Trips can only be scheduled (7) seven days in advance and no less than 4:30 P.M. the day before a trip. Eg. Trip request for January 23rd can be called in to the office on January 16th at the earliest.)
- Your name,
- The exact address (number and street name) where you want to be picked up,
- What time you would like to be at your destination (be specific if you are going to an appointment),
- The exact address (number and street name) of where you want to go, and
- If you will be traveling with a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) or companion(s).
- ADA regulations permit the scheduling of your ride up to one hour before or one hour after the trip time you request, without making you late for an appointment.
- The night before your trip, you will be called and given a twenty (20) minute pick-up window for your trip the next day. You are responsible to be waiting in a location where you can see the vehicle arrive during the entire twenty (20) minute pick-up window. Once the vehicle arrives, it will wait five (5) minutes before leaving for the next scheduled pick-up.
You must also schedule your return trip. All trips must be scheduled for no less than (1) one hour.
Due to the large amount of calls coming into the call center, staff are not responsible to look up address information. You must be prepared with the exact address including number and street name for the pick-up and drop-off locations.
If you do not receive a phone call the night before your trip is scheduled, you must call to receive your pick-up information or to cancel your trip.
- If you're calling between 5:15 A.M. and 8:00 A.M., call the RTA Transit Services Dispatch Office at 508.453.3423.
- If you're calling after 8:00 A.M., call the PBSI Office at 508.752.9283.
If you require a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) to travel with you, that person is considered a mobility aid and rides for free. You must be registered as requiring a PCA.
You may always take one traveling companion. Additional companions are permitted on a space available basis. Companions pay the same fare as the person they are accompanying. PCAs and companions must have the same pick-up address and drop-off address as the ADA rider.
Service animals are welcome on all WRTA vehicles.
At times, riders may experience a late pick-up or drop-off due to inclement weather, traffic, construction, or other unforeseen circumstances. If this occurs, please contact PBSI at 508.752.9283 to report it as soon as you are able. This will provide PBSI the opportunity to be sure that riders are receiving a quality, reliable service. If we don’t know about it, we can’t fix it.